4.24.2013

Day three

Hey guys,

So already day three of my last work experience has passed and I'm already half way through working in the cafe. I know already I'll be sad to leave as I have really enjoyed myself here so far. So, here's what I got up to..

I arrived at 8:50 am with my classmate Eimear, and we went straight to the cloak room to put our bags away. I then got to work on the grab & go counter and worked there for the remainder of the day. The Punchestown races were taking place nearby so the cafe got gradually busier as the day progressed. The cafe goes through a lot of bread, butter, scones & dishes so I continuously stocked up on each when we were running low.

As appearance is always important I made sure to keep the counter as clean as possible. This meant wiping away any spills or crumbs and rearranging any disorderly bread baskets. For lunch I had a delicious pear & vanilla scone and later on in the day I enjoyed a cup of celeriac & fennel soup along side some homemade brown bread, it was all delicious.

It was another great day in the cafe and I continued to come to grips with using the till and what not. At the end of the day Eimear and one of my co-workers managed to play a funny trick on me, so the day was ended on a high. That's all for me from this week,

Till next time,
Ciara

Here are some little snippets of the place i'm working in:
(yes, that is a GIANT easter egg, it weighs the same as 7 and a 1/2 baby elephants!

No comments:

Post a Comment